It’s UFC 110 time from Australia. It looks like a really fun show on paper, but that doesn’t always translate into being a good show.
Mirko Cro Cop is fighting first, but it won’t be against Ben Rothwell who pulled out on Thursday. Australian, Anthony Perosh takes his spot. It wasn’t that long ago when a Cro Cop fight was an event in unto itself. Boy has that changed.
1. Mirko Cro Cop vs. Anthony Perosh
Perosh wanted takedown, but he couldn’t get it and every time he ended up on his back, Cro Cop let him up. Mirko was patient and though he landed some heavy left hands, didn’t really follow up on them. He easily won the first round, but in a pretty unimpressive way considering that we don’t know Perosh at all.
Perosh can take some punishment. Cro Cop nailed him with an elbow on the ground and opened up a nasty cut on his forehead over his right eye. Herb Dean asked Perosh if he wanted to continue and he did and immediately took another big shot to the face and Cro Cop went into finish mode. Perosh survived, but they ended it at the end of the round.
From Big D who will be with us for the show tonight:
It’s good to see Mirko finally get a freakin’ win in the UFC. The fight ended a lot more violently than I expected, which I think is the best for Mirko. I hope he actually gets Rothwell his next go-round.
Winner: Mirko Cro Cop by way of 2nd round TKO
2. Ryan Bader vs. Keith Jardine
– Dana said that the bonuses were $65,000.
– Rick Story and Brian Foster won fight of the night, Story won submission of the night, and Vitor Belfort won knockout of the night.
– Dana said that he thought the Daley stoppage was right on.
– Dana said Mike Swick could fight Daley, but didn’t specifically say that was the fight.
– Dana said that he made Cro Cop to the hospital because he didn’t want him to fly home for 20 hours without knowing if he was ok.
– He also said that he thinks Cro Cop could just be older and unable to pull the trigger.
– He said that it might be best to have Nate Marquardt and Dan Henderson fight each other and have Belfort fight Anderson Silva. (If I’m Dan Henderson, that doesn’t make me happy.)
– Koscheck says he doesn’t mind fighting every month, even if people drop out. He must not have a great contract or something.
– Dana says he and Rampage talked and have made up, and they still have to figure out when the Rashad fight will happen. Says it won’t even be in February. He said Hollywood is a pain in his ass.
– Dana says they’ll have a network deal by this time next year.
– Dana said Floyd’s fight sucked.
Rob Emerson – 155.5
Rafael Dos Anjos – 155.5
Vladimir Matyushenko – 205
Igor Pokrajac – 203
Jason Brilz – 205.25
Eliot Marshall – 204.75
Brian Foster – 170.75
Rick Story – 170
Rafaello Oliveira – 155.25
Nik Lentz – 155
Steve Lopez – 154.5
Jim Miller – 154.5
Tomas Drwal – 185
Drew McFedries – 185.25
Cole Miller – 155 (skinny as all hell and a huge height advantage)
Efrain Escudero – 157 and he has to lose one pound
Tyson Griffin – 155.5
Hermes Franca – 159
Joe Rogan says it was agreed upon to fight at 159.
Frank Trigg – 171
Josh Koscheck – 170
Paul Daley – 170
Martin Kampmann – 169.5
Mirko Cro Cop – 226
Junior Dos Santos – 236
Vitor Belfort – First shot was at 197.5 and his second shot was at 196.5. He took off his drawers and he weighed in at 196.25.
Rich Franklin – 195 and he looks much bigger than Vitor at that weight.
It looks like Vitor has to shave off a quarter pound while Escudero has to get down a full pound.
Update: 6:48 PM
Both Belfort and Escudero made weight. Vitor came in at 196 and Escudero at 156.