Ryan Frederick and I are staff writers at WrestlingObserver.com and regular contributors to this site. We also co-host the In the Clinch MMA podcast on the Fight Game Media Patreon. Ryan’s Guide to UFC on ESPN+ 54 went up earlier this week.
The rules are simple. We make five picks for each card and a $100 bet on each pick. We’ll keep track of the profits and losses, the most fights picked correctly, and the number of events won per person.
Obviously, if you’re betting, the only important thing is how much money you win and lose, so keep that in mind.
For betting novices, odds reflect the amount of money won or lost on a $100 bet. If the odds are negative, you must bet that amount to win $100. If they are positive, you win that amount if you bet $100.
Additionally, we give our “best bet” exclusively on our In the Clinch podcast that drops on Tuesdays. Last time, Ryan picked Bruno Silva, who won, and he’s now 16–16 on the year with a $402.43 loss on the best bets. I picked Aspen Ladd, who also lost, so my best bets are now 10–20 with a loss of $1,000.56.
UFC on ESPN+ 53 results
Ryan’s picks went 2–3 for a profit of $24.52. He won the week for the thirteenth time this year as opposed to fifteen for Promise and seven for me.
My picks were 1–4 for a loss of $100. It was my fourth straight losing week.
Promise went 3–2 with a loss of $62.76. This was his fifth losing week in the last six.
Ryan’s picks are 87–77 on the year for a profit of $113.25.
My picks are 69–95 with a loss of $1,834.67.
Promise’s picks are 86–77 with a profit of $114.61.
Overall, our combined loss is $1606.81
UFC on ESPN+ 53
Odds are from betMGM.com as of 1:00 p.m. ET on October 16 for Paul and Tom and Friday at 12:00 a.m. CT for Ryan. This explains the slight difference in the odds.
- Jessica-Rose Clark at -165 to win $60.61
- Francisco Trinaldo at -130 to win $76.92
- Ike Villeanueva at +200 to win $200
- Daniel Lacerda at +140 to win $140
- Zviad Lazishvili at -135 to win $74.07
- Paulo Costa at +165 to win $165
- Dwight Grant at +120 to win $120
- Mason Jones at -450 to win $22.22
- Jamie Pickett at +185 to win $185
- Randa Markos at +125 to win $125
- Marvin Vettori at -200 to win $50
- Jessica-Rose Clark at -175 to win $57.14
- Francisco Trinaldo at -145 to win $68.97
- Nicolae Negumereano at -250 to win $40
- Gregory Rodrigues at -145 to win $68.97