Paul and Ryan are back with their betting column on the UFC, the Big Payback.
Ryan Frederick and I are both staff writers at F4WOnline/Wrestling Observer. Between the two of us, we handle all of the live UFC coverage on the site, with Ryan doing the majority and I also chip in with coverage of Bellator and some other noteworthy events that occur from time to time.
For each big UFC event in 2020, Ryan and I will make picks using odds at Best Fight Odds or Bovada (which is what we’re using this week). With a starting bankroll of $1,000 each, our ground rules are that we will make at least 3 bets on each show. No more than 10% of our bankroll can be wagered on any fight and at least one pick must be an underdog.
For betting novices out there, fight odds are based on a $100 bet. So, if the odds are negative, you must bet that amount to win $100. If the odds are positive, a $100 bet will win you that much.
UFC 246 was our first event and here are the results:
I went 2-2 and had a profit of $42.07 as one of my winners was an underdog.
Ryan went 2-1 with a profit of $19.40 as his underdog didn’t cash.
For Saturday’s UFC 247, here are our picks:
– Jonathan Martinez $45 at +105 to beat Andre Ewell
– Derrick Lewis $50 at -225 to beat Ilir Latifi
– Justin Tafa $25 at +195 to beat Juan Adams
– Dominick Reyes $10 at +375 to beat Jon Jones
– Jon Jones $85 at -550 to beat Dominick Reyes
– Dan Ige $70 at +100 to beat Mirsad Bektic
– Derrick Lewis $75 at -225 to beat Ilir Latifi
– Miles Johns $45 at +135 to beat Mario Bautista
Bankroll totals will be updated before the next event that we do picks for, which will be UFC 248 on March 7th.