News and notes from around the MMA, pro wrestling, and boxing world …
– Big Daddy V and others were released today by WWE.
– Good ol’ JR talks about Ric Flair’s break up with WWE.
– Thomas Hauser discusses the feud between Bob Arum and HBO boxing.
– Bad Left Hook talks about Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.
– Schaefer says De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao has a 75% chance of being done.
– Shawn Estrada has more than just a gold medal to fight for.
– There are large video screens to help out with boxing scoring for the 2008 Olympics
– Dave Meltzer previews Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch.
– Josh Gross breaks down the top three fights at UFC 87.
– Roger Huerta’s story is an eye opening one.
– And he is going to wear Golden Boy tribute shorts tomorrow night against Kenny Florian.
– Affliction’s next show has a no buys main event, at least from a casual fan perspective.
– Dana White says signing Mirko Cro Cop was designed to kill Pride so they could buy it. Does that even make sense?
Later tonight is what I call maybe the most underrated UFC show of the year. UFC 87 has three big fights, all with heavy intrigue. Yesterday, we previewed the big three fights and the majority of our writers (4-1 votes for each fight) had Georges St. Pierre winning late by stoppage, Brock Lesnar winning early by stoppage, and Kenny Florian winning by decision.
We will have live play by play coverage updated after every fight as well as twitter updates in our twitter feed on the right hand side of our home page. We gotcha covered.