The last Wrestlemania that I didn’t watch live was Wrestlemania XV. I was on vacation and my buddies, Eddy Zucko and Albert recorded it for me to watch when I got back. That was about 9 years ago. It’s been very hard to not have read any kind of spoilers whatsoever. And now, two days later, Eddy Zucko and the kids are with me to watch this show. I feel so out of the loop.
- Having John Legend perform American The Beautiful didn’t have the same humor in it that making Aretha Franklin waddle out last year did.
- Finlay vs. JBL jerks the curtain, which means they simply want to get this one out of the way. I hope it’s short.
- Ok, that match was a little too long for my tastes and don’t they need all that plunder for Cena/HHH/Orton?
- Hey, Kim Kardashian is here.
Just Needed A Reason To Put Kim K Here
- Shelton Benjamin has competition in greatest ladder match wrestler in John Morrison (I like Johnny Nitro better) who just did a moonsault off the top rope with a ladder in hand.
- That might’ve been the greatest ladder spot fest ever, even though the wrong guy (CM Punk) won.
- Snoop Dogg and Mick Foley should create a tag team called the Rock and Sizzle Connection.
- Batista is over 40 years old with a chiseled body and Umaga (Yoomanga) is the one who was suspended because of growth hormone? Something is definitely wrong there.
- Kane = King Kong Bundy and Chavo Guerrero = S.D. Jones.
- The match went a little long and couldn’t be as good as we all hoped for, but the finish was picture perfect with HBK saying, “I’m sorry, I love you” before knocking out Flair with the last Sweet Chin Music.
I’m Sorry, I Love You
- Bunny Mania was just there so that people could go to the bathroom, except when Snoop clotheslined Santino.
- With Cena/Orton/HHH on next, I think that means Orton retains since if HHH was winning, you know he’d make sure they’d go on last. (That’s what happened by the way. Really good match though.)
- I’ll give it to Money Mayweather for taking much more than I expected him to, but man, that was a terrible rear naked choke that JR called a sleeper. I would’ve called it a Weaver lock.
- The main event was well booked enough to where it came off good even though it looked like it was going to be anticlimactic early on. The Undertaker gets his hand raised yet again.
Overall, it was a really good show and in the aftermath of the Undertaker’s win, some folks got burned because of run away fireworks.